Baller League will no longer be shown on Sky Sports

What the report says
Baller League UK will no longer be carried on Sky Sports, ending a broadcast partnership for the six-a-side football competition. BBC Newsbeat reported that the tournament will continue to stream on YouTube, Twitch and TikTok, with the move described as the non-renewal of Sky’s contract rather than the event being abandoned by the league.
The UK version of Baller League launched in March 2025 and mixes former professionals, creators and emerging players in short games with modified rules. Its headline figures include England player Chloe Kelly and YouTubers KSI and Angry Ginge as star managers, part of a format designed to appeal to a younger, online audience.
League chief executive Felix Starck said Sky Sports had been an “add-on” to the wider strategy, while stressing that most viewers come through digital platforms. He also pointed to rising online viewing across the league’s recent seasons. Sky, which is the UK’s largest sports broadcaster, did not comment publicly. BBC Newsbeat said the partnership appears to have ended naturally, which helps explain the league’s continued focus on direct-to-fan streaming rather than pay-TV distribution.
The development matters because it highlights the growing role of creator-led sports entertainment and the challenges traditional broadcasters face when events are built around social media audiences rather than television first.
Loading debate for this article…
Other publishers covering this story
No additional verified coverage is currently clustered with this report.

Sunday date for Old Firm in League Cup quarter-finalsBBC Sport Football
Why Fernandez uncertainty has echoes of Isak sagaBBC Sport Football
Volcanoes Appoint Sadick Sempigi as Head Coach for Big League CampaignNile Post
Middleton-Patel joins Watford on loan from Man UtdBBC Sport Football
When does the summer transfer window close?BBC Sport Football