Real Madrid officially present Mourinho in bizarre closed-door ceremony

What the report says
Real Madrid have formally introduced Jose Mourinho as manager for a second stint, with the club opting for a low-profile, closed-door ceremony at its training centre rather than a public unveiling. According to Reuters, the presentation took place at Ciudad Real Madrid in the presence of club president Florentino Perez and honorary president Jose Martinez Pirri. Mourinho has already been working with the squad since preseason began on July 10, and the club said he signed a contract running until June 2029.
The move brings Mourinho back to a club he previously coached from 2010 to 2013, when he won La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Spanish Super Cup. In remarks shared through Real Madrid’s official media, he described the return as deeply emotional and said he felt connected to the club. The article frames the comeback as significant for both footballing and symbolic reasons, given the expectations around one of Europe’s most closely watched teams.
The timing also comes as Real Madrid enter the new La Liga season after two straight years without a trophy. The report notes that Perez has come under increased pressure from supporters, while the club has made several recent squad additions and is expected to present them privately as well. The understated unveiling appears intended to keep attention on the football side as Real prepare to open their league campaign against Espanyol on Saturday.
Loading debate for this article…
Other publishers covering this story
No additional verified coverage is currently clustered with this report.

Kenya: Ruto Gets Glimpse of Kemsa's Digital Transformation At Health SummitAllAfrica