NRM Postpones Adjumani West Joint Campaign After Public Address System Fails

What the report says
The National Resistance Movement has postponed a joint campaign for the Adjumani West parliamentary by-election after a problem with the public address system disrupted the event at Paridi Stadium in Adjumani Town Council, according to Nile Post. The programme had been set to start at midday on Friday and was meant to bring together seven NRM candidates as the party prepares for its primary election.
Adjumani District NRM Deputy Registrar Dominic Vuciri said the cancellation was caused by a battery failure in the sound system. He said the party would reorganise and use a different public address setup for a rescheduled event at Pachara Sub-county headquarters. The article said each candidate had been given 30 minutes, including time for a campaign message and questions from voters.
Some attendees expressed frustration over the cancellation, questioning whether organisers had adequately prepared for the rally. Their comments reflected disappointment among supporters who had turned up expecting to hear from the candidates. The report also noted that the seat became vacant after the death of former MP Gen. (Rtd) Moses Ali.
The NRM primary is scheduled for September 3, 2026, while the Electoral Commission has set the by-election for September 17. The postponed campaign is part of the party’s effort to choose its flag bearer for the contest.
Loading debate for this article…
Other publishers covering this story
No additional verified coverage is currently clustered with this report.

Parliament Committee Raises Concern Over Delays in Amodo Swamp CrossingNile Post
FMD factory to cut vaccine prices – Minister TumwebazeWatchdog Uganda
RDC, Church Leaders Clash Over Fees at Government Schools in NansanaNile Post
Kibaale RDC Warns Corrupt Officials Ahead of Minister Balaam’s Bunyoro TourNile Post