256 Newsroom — Uganda's Digital News Infrastructure
World

Liberia: Court Drops Saudi Rice Charges Against Mary Broh, Returns Bond

Share
Liberia: Court Drops Saudi Rice Charges Against Mary Broh, Returns Bond
Image · AllAfrica

What the report says

A Liberian court has dropped charges against Mary Broh in a case involving alleged diversion of Saudi-donated rice, according to The Liberian Investigator, distributed by AllAfrica. Criminal Court C in Monrovia granted a prosecution request to enter a nolle prosequi in her favor, meaning she will not face trial on the matter. The court also ordered her criminal appearance bond returned and removed her as a co-defendant.

The ruling, issued by assigned Circuit Judge Ousman F. Feika during a chambers session on Aug. 11, 2026, said the prosecution’s request was within its authority under Liberia’s criminal procedure law. The case had been brought by the Republic of Liberia through the Ministry of Justice and the Assets Recovery and Property Retrieval Task Force. It concerns allegations tied to imported rice that was donated by Saudi Arabia.

The court’s decision affects only Broh. The case continues against other defendants, including former ministers and officials from the General Services Agency and the National Disaster Management Agency. The article says prosecutors also used the same session to exchange evidence and seek amendments to the indictment, with the trial for the remaining accused scheduled to proceed in Monrovia. As reported, the defendants who remain in the case are presumed innocent unless proven guilty.

Read the full report at AllAfrica →

Loading debate for this article…

Other publishers covering this story

No additional verified coverage is currently clustered with this report.

Related reporting