256 Newsroom — Uganda's Digital News Infrastructure
World

Israeli army and settlers injure several Palestinians across West Bank

Share
Israeli army and settlers injure several Palestinians across West Bank
Image · Al Jazeera

What the report says

Israeli military raids and attacks by settlers across the occupied West Bank injured at least 19 Palestinians, according to Al Jazeera’s report citing Palestinian health officials, the Palestine Red Crescent Society and local media. The incidents reported on Saturday included shootings near ar-Ram, tear-gas exposure in Tubas, beatings in Masafer Yatta and assaults in Arrabeh and Tammun. The article also said two Palestinians were killed in separate incidents in Hebron and Jenin on Friday.

Al Jazeera reported that the violence came amid broader tensions linked to settlement expansion, with residents in Qusra saying two Palestinian families had been confined to their homes for 14 days while Israeli forces kept the area under a closed military zone. The families accused the army of failing to stop settlers, saying the situation could lead to forced displacement.

The report placed the events in the wider context of the West Bank’s occupation, noting that the Palestinian Colonization and Wall Resistance Commission says about 780,000 Israeli settlers now live in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. It also cited UN humanitarian data showing more than 1,330 settler-related attacks on Palestinians from January through late July and more than 2,300 people displaced this year because of settler violence or related restrictions. Separately, a UN commission has said Israeli authorities did not consistently prevent settler attacks and sometimes aided them, according to the article.

Read the full report at Al Jazeera →

Loading debate for this article…

Other publishers covering this story

No additional verified coverage is currently clustered with this report.

Related reporting