Israeli air strike near Gaza refugee camp kills one person and injures two

What the report says
An Israeli air attack near the Maghazi refugee camp in central Gaza killed at least one person and injured two others, according to Palestinian media cited by Al Jazeera. The reported strike took place on Sunday morning near Salah al-Din Street, with the official Palestinian news agency Wafa identifying the location in the area adjacent to the camp.
The incident follows another reported Israeli drone attack a day earlier in Deir el-Balah, also in central Gaza, which killed one person and wounded several others, according to Al Jazeera correspondent Ashraf Abu Amra. Together, the reports point to continued violence in central parts of the territory despite the ceasefire framework referenced by Gaza officials.
Al Jazeera also noted figures from Gaza’s Ministry of Health saying at least 1,286 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks across Gaza since the ceasefire agreement took effect in October, and more than 73,400 Palestinians have been killed since the war began in October 2023. Those broader totals could not be independently verified from the provided text and are attributed here to the ministry as reported by Al Jazeera. The latest strike is significant because it adds to concerns about ongoing casualties and the fragility of conditions in Gaza.
Loading debate for this article…
Other publishers covering this story
No additional verified coverage is currently clustered with this report.

Syria foreign minister says door open for diplomacy with IsraelAl Jazeera
Far-right provocateur Jake Lang arrested after Minneapolis riotAl Jazeera
South Africa’s former boxing champion Tete shot dead outside homeAl Jazeera
Dozens of co-ordinated arson attacks hit southern ThailandBBC World News
How the deadliest Bundibugyo Ebola outbreak can be stoppedAl Jazeera
U.S.-Canada Trade War: What to Know About Tariffs and the NegotiationsNew York Times World